Life’s 2 Short 2 Get Stuck in the Wrong Job
The Big 3-0. Well, almost…
Only 1.5 years/18 months/548 days until…
I will be 30 years old. Where has time gone? Most importantly, what am I really doing with my life? Aren’t I supposed to have that all figured out by the time I hit the big 3-0? Well, I sure hope not! Or I am one lame excuse for an adult.
Since I work with college students, it is always fun to reflect on how I remember feeling at their age. To them, 30 equates to old hag. Hell when I was in college, I thought by the time I was 30, I would have life ALL figured out. Ha! I chuckle at the thought of that now.
***REFLECTION TIME – Where I thought I would be at 30 years old***
- · Living in NYC – Truth (as of now): Back at home in Columbus, OH (which I have come to realize isn’t as bad as I thought back then)
- · Making (at least) $200,000 a year – Truth (as of now): NOT EVEN CLOSE
- · Engaged to an established/professional man – Truth (as of now): Dating a wonderful guy who is as broke as I am (but, at least I am a happy… and now mature enough to know it isn’t all about money , right? :-))
- · Achieving a master’s degree – Truth: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #MFAinMediaManagement
- · Working as an actress or in the entertainment field – Truth (as of now): Coordinator of Activities and Customer Service (Umm, yea…Definitely not my field)
- · Pregnant with my 1st child – Truth (as of now): No kids (However, I do still want to get preggo with my 1st child in my early 30s)
- · In great shape – Truth (as of now): Heaviest I have ever been (still workout pretty regularly, but my eating habits haven’t changed since college when I was working out at least 3-4 hours a day with basketball. Also, I feel that my eating habits reflect the emotional state I am in right now… more on that hot mess at another date)
I want this blog to help with figuring out my passion(s) and who I want to be in adulthood. I hope my blog reflects my transition into my thirties, as I desperately seek McCall. If you’ve read this much, and are still interested in what I have to say… WELCOME TO MY JOURNEY :-)